You’ve been a big sports fan for as long as you can remember, and now you’re ready to take the plunge into sports betting. But with so many choices of what, how, and even where to play, how does one even start?
- Knowledge is key. To get started, stick to a sport you already know and then take the time to study it even more. Become an expert. All the information you’ll ever need is readily available online.
- Determine how and where you want to play. Sports betting in the UK, while a staple at physical casinos, is even more conveniently located – right in your pocket. The best online sportsbooks offer a full range of sports betting markets from your mobile phone.
- Familiarize yourself with sports betting odds. Odds tell you how much you’ll win on a winning bet and can change until wagering closes. Odds can be listed as decimal numbers, ratios & fractions, or positive and negative numbers.
- Get to grips with spread betting. The point spread is essentially a handicapping system to level the playing field between the favourite and underdog. If, for instance, a basketball game is given as Team A -12 vs. Team B +12, Team A must win by 13 points to make the point spread.
- Start to explore sports betting systems. With a strong knowledge of your sport and working knowledge of odds and spreads, it’s time to take the next step and learn about wagering systems that can improve your chances of winning.
Once you’re ready to place your first bet, take a look at our Top 5 Sports Betting Sites ranking for our pick of the best online sportsbooks. You’ll find all the information you need about markets, odds and software, as well as the best exclusive bonuses around!