As a bettor, it’s wise to know who you’re betting with. There are a lot of online bookies out there, all carry difference licenses, different odds and terms and different features. You want to be wagering with a trusted and secure bookmaker. Don’t put your money and entertainment at risk by betting with someone shady. It’s not hard to find out more about the bookmaker, and Top 5 Sports Betting Sites has got plenty of information to help you on your way. Here are a few things you should think about before picking an online bookie.
1. Make sure your sportsbook or bookmaker is reliable. There are many betting sites that are not credible, so be sure to research their record of accomplishment. Some bookies can make it hard to withdraw winnings, so pick a trusted sports betting site, one you’ve heard of and you can ask about or read up on reviews etc.
2. Check out the payment methods the bookmaker offers. Make sure your preferred option of depositing and withdrawing is available. More importantly, be sure that transactions are safe and secure. You’ll find the most trusted online bookies accept most types of payments including credit and debits cards, PayPal and e-wallet transfers. Sites that have only 1 or 2 different payment methods might be less credible. You can check out payment methods and compare betting sites here.
3. Be sure to know the minimum deposit amount. It’s always good to know the minimum amount you can bet with and the maximum amount you can bet with. Anything that’s too extreme could be a reason to investigate further. If you’re a serious bettor then it would be in your interest to bet with a online bookie that does not have a low maximum winnings amount.
4. You must know the rules of play and follow up anything you don’t understand. You should avoid bookmakers that don’t accept single bets and only accept double and triple bets.
* Private bookmakers pay taxes to their country of operation. When betting with sportsbook, you don’t want to accept taxes on your winnings. In the UK online bookies are taxed, which no doubt they pass on to you in some way or another, but you do not need to pay tax on your winnings.
5. Make sure you check what markets and events they cover. You don’t want to sign up to a bookie and then find out that they do not offer the event you wanted to wager on. Many bookmakers specialize in different areas, so don’t be afraid to have an account on football betting site, and use a different online bookie for horse racing bets. If you like betting on lower league football, it’s a good idea to research which sportsbooks offer this before getting to involved with them.
There are loads of bookies out there, and you need to make sure to pick the right ones. There is no harm in having multiple accounts, just make sure they are all with the best online bookies, and all offer you some added advantage. Check out the list of highly recommended sports betting sites and what they offer.