When it comes to online gambling there will always be an element of instant satisfaction. Punters want betting options, whether it’s day or night – and that’s where virtual sports betting enters the picture.
Despite the fact that the best online sports betting sites offer a full-to-bursting schedule of sports events from around the globe, virtual versions of football, horse racing and other sports allow them to offer customers a never-ending roster of betting opportunities.
That’s right, you can place wagers on computer-generated sporting events, and with no live events and times to stick to it provides gamers with instant access to bet on anything they like, virtually.
What you need to know about virtual sports betting
The virtual sports markets are based on the analysis of thousands of real games and events. These real-match statistics give the punter a better understanding on what to wager and a more realistic virtual product.
With today’s advanced technology, many virtual sport games have outstanding high-end graphics and audio that make use of real stadiums and fan chants to create added authenticity.
Virtual sports betting tips
- Usually virtual sports betting has many similarities to its real-life counterpart. For example, if a player gets injured in real life, they will likely be injured in the virtual world too.
- Just remember, the bookies provide player profiles in virtual sports, so make sure you base your decisions on those, and not on reality.
- Virtual Sports provide a perfect opportunity for newer players to practice using an online bookmakers and try out different betting strategies.
- There will always be another virtual sporting event to bet on, so know when to stop! The immediacy of virtual sports betting can be dangerous if you have trouble walking away from your computer.
- And don’t forget: if you want to enjoy sports betting fully, nothing will replace betting on a real event. Virtual sports are totally self-contained. If you want to compare odds between bookies and dig deep into statistics only real sports betting will do!
Where to go for virtual sports betting
Almost every site featured on Top 5 Sports Betting Sites offers a range of virtual sports options. So, unless you want to gamble on every obscure virtual sport there is, we’d recommend choosing the site with the best welcome offer and your favourite layout (some really make it difficult to find the full range of virtuals).
With Sky you get a slick, highly trustworthy betting site with great live betting features. Virtual sports choice is limited but well organised and easy to find. You’ll also get a nice £30 free bet when you stake £10!
As we’ve come to expect from the mighty Betfair, the choice of virtual sports to bet on is broad. From Speedway to Cycling, everything is accounted for, and nicely presented, too. Like Sky Bet, they’re also offering £30 in free bets!
Virtual sports betting means you’ve always got something to bet on, so there’s no need to wait for the next game or race. You can wager on various virtual sports at a click of a button – virtual events can start every 90 seconds!
Many top sports betting sites now offer virtual sports betting. Check out our reviews of the very best bookmakers for details of exactly what’s on offer.